Twitter – 6 Reasons Why Business Can’t Ignore It
Tweets are sparky little neurons that transmit messages to and from your Blog and Facebook.
In spite of their size (140 characters), they convey copious amounts of links and content between you and your followers. And if you’re retweeted, then more people will see your content and follow that tweet back to your website.
There are many ways to use Twitter for business (another post) but here’s WHY you should tweet like a bird:
1. Twitter is an inexpensive way to get your brand out in front of thousands of people.
2. Twitter is a great platform to do market research. Over 70% ask for and offer opinions on products and services.
3. Twitter can improve your Google ranking by the passing along (retweets) of links from your blog or Facebook posts to other followers.
4. Twitter enables you to create a personal connection with your customers and fans (People do business with people)
5. Twitter is a great platform to meet influencers in your field as well as become one yourself.
6. Twitter offers you a simple way to listen to what your competition is doing.
(Image originally posted on Zengage, The Zendesk Blog)
Twitter can be viewed as the new “direct marketing”. But before you go all “discount coupon” remember this; you have to make real connections with your followers and share quality content.
To do that you have to be a real person.
There are many more reasons to use Twitter. What would you add?
About Ray Hiltz
Ray Hiltz is a Social Media Strategist with management roots in restaurant, hotel and performing arts. A strong proponent for the power of collaborative communication and "humanized" digital networking, Ray writes about social media, social business and Google Plus. His clients include hotels, restaurants, consulting firms, entrepreneurs, writers and individuals just trying to make sense of "social". Ray is a popular speaker on Social Media, Social Business and Google+.